[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS Server Ubuntu 11.04 GetCapabilities not showing layers

anacm anacm at ctima.uma.es
Fri May 4 01:56:04 PDT 2012

Thanks for your interest and time, Marco and Giovanni.

The GetCapabilities seems to show the same CRS than the project. I have read
that there is an issue between QGIS order of the coordinates of the Bounding
Box and the WMS standard (it is reported in
http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9809&p=23292&hilit=mapserver&sid=1bcb41ded32a32ad35d26af574f10cb4#p23292).
I have checked these, trying different orders of maxx, maxy, minx, miny
coordinates and still doesn't work.

I have changed the permissions of all the files in /usr/lib/cgi-bin to allow
everything to everybody (I guess it should not be necessary, but I do not
know what else to do). The directory where the qgis_mapserv.fcgi is has also
the .qgs file, the jpeg file from where I built the layer in qgis, and some
other files: admin.slf,  qgismapserv.fcgi, wms_metadata.xml . This is the
request I use:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetMap&BBOX=-749.167,-22.275,119.167,913.275&CRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=1077&HEIGHT=552&FORMAT=image/jpeg&DPI=96

Since it seems that apache2 is working and there is no error, I do not know
exactly what else try. My fcgdi.conf file is this (I used apt-get to install
QGIS)

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
  AddHandler	fcgid-script .fcgi
  FcgidConnectTimeout 20
</IfModule>

The .qgs file is stored with absolute paths, it has a single raster layer.
In WMS Server options, I fill the dat and choose the extension from the
actual map. The SCR restrictions are EPSG:4326, and I tick the WKT geometry
options. The GetCapabilites response is this:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4951739/GetCapabilities.xml
GetCapabilities.xml

I'll check the qgis-dev possibility anyway, thanks for the idea. But if
anyone could give a hint about what it's failing here, it would be really
helpful.