[Qgis-user] select by location not working

Julian Bogdani jbogdani at gmail.com
Fri May 4 02:34:44 PDT 2012

Hello all,
I' running QGIS 1.7.4-4 on a MacOS 1.6.8.
I'm trying to perform a very simple analysis: select points from a shapefile that are inside a polygon contained in a second shapefile.
I tried to use Vector > Research tools > Select by location
Settings on the window are OK, but when i click on "OK" nothing happens; no error, no selection.

Then I tried the "Spatial Query" plugin, but it does not load. It is activated and present in the main menu Plugins > Spatial Query > Spatial Query but when I click on it no window appears, nothing happens.

Any help?

-----
Julian Bogdani
jbogdani at gmail.com