[Qgis-user] Re: Help: GPS data not showing in correct position

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Sat May 5 01:39:07 PDT 2012

1- You need tfw for ST but you have included SU. Once you got that
sorted, you need to ensure the CRS for the raster is set to the British
National Grid (EPSG:27700). To do that, right-click on the layer,
Properties, General tab and set the CRS to EPSG:27700

2- Set the canvas CRS to BNG (EPSG:27700) by going to (from the main
menu) Settings > Project Properties ... CRS tab

3- When you add your GPS, select Lat as X field and Long as Y field.
Please note that as default it's the other way round in the dialogue
box.

4- Ensure the GPS layer loaded as WGS84 (EPSG: 4326)

5- Turn on the OTF and it should work.

Cheers
Saber
Saber Razmjooei