[Qgis-user] Re: Sextante plugin works except with GRASS

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Thu May 10 04:33:31 PDT 2012

Thanks Victor, now v.surf.idw and v.surf.bspline work! And also the table
view works..
But I'm going to bother you with v.surf.rst (sorry, but are the elaboration
I use most ;-) )

This module don't start if you don't have a raster in the Qgis TOC with an
error like "Wrong or missing parameter values". This raster is required if
you want a mask layer to be used but not always is the case and grass let
you decide if use it or not.

Then
I only made some test with a raster used as mask but the module don't load
output layers because of some cross validation problems..
All these parameters seem to be optional in Grass but I think that sextante
consider them obligatory.

Then
Grass module let you choose if you want to use layer 0 (i.e. 3D vector) or
layer n (1 i.e. z column). In sextante it is assumed that you use layer 1
and of course you have to specify z column name.

Then
In Grass there are 10 output files, 6 raster and 4 vectorial and you can
choose if you want them or not - at least one (in my case elev).
Sextante elaborate each one of them (If I'm not wrong) and then let you
choose if you want to add to the TOC.
Would it be better if you can choose which one to elaborate (could be time
spending) and then if you want to add it to the TOC?
And, if you don't specify the name the layer is given a number as name, but
it could be confusing if you let sextante work on more output than one more
without specify each name.. So may be it would be better to concatenate a
random number with the parameter name?

At the end I couldn't obtain any output, I attach some logs

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4965444/v.surf.rst.log
v.surf.rst.log