[Qgis-user] Running QGIS on Debian testing

Örjan Wennbom qgis at odie.sork.nu
Fri May 11 04:34:02 PDT 2012

Hello list,

I noticed that the qgis package is not currently available in Debian
testing. I have tried the various alternative sources listed on the
qgis homepage with varying results.

The gfoss.it squeeze packages work, but without Python support. They
depend on python<2.7. I manually edited this dependency to the python2.6
package instead so it would install, but it still does not work for
some reason I have yet to investigate.

The qgis.org packages (sid and wheezy nightly) and the package in
the Debian sid repo all Crash with the following error:
qgis.bin: /build/buildd-sip4_4.13.2-1-amd64-oTGNAQ/sip4-4.13.2/siplib/siplib.c:10938:
sipEnumType_alloc: Assertion `(((currentType)->td_flags & 0x0007) ==
0x0003)' failed.
Aborted

I am running an up-to date Debian testing (wheezy) on an amd64
platform. I would greatly appreciate any pointers to what my next
step toward a working QGIS install should be.

Regards,
  Örjan