[Qgis-user] geocoding

M.E.Dodd m.e.dodd at open.ac.uk
Mon May 14 08:51:53 PDT 2012

Thanks for the suggestion.  I thought this was possible in qgis just from a list of addresses (within limits on numbers of matches per day) but perhaps not.  Currently I am trying http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoder/ however with yahoo to match against the results are of rather limited use. Most of the addresses are actually in uk but come back as showing in usa, perhaps I need to add country name.  a bit more worrying is exact same address shown up in different places and giving different coordinate pairs a number of miles apart.  There is also a limit of 1000 addresses.