[Qgis-user] Node Tool not working

Jay Dixon dixonjm at gmail.com
Mon May 14 16:54:46 PDT 2012

I'm a new QGIS User, so I apologize in advance for the remedial nature of
my question. Checked the postings to see if this question has come up
before and it appears that it has not.

Whenever I create a shape file layer to draw shapes, QGIS will not allow me
to draw polygons using the Node Tool.  I used to get some warning message
about setting precision, snapping, or something similar.  I  followed the
instructions in the message with no success.  I got tired of seeing the
message so eventually checked the box 'don't show this message'.  Now
nothing happens when I try to draw a polygon and I can't remember exactly
what the message said and there doesn't seem to be an option for displaying
these types of messages again.

Is anybody familiar with how to resolve this problem?  Thanks.

Jay Dixon