[Qgis-user] Node Tool not working

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Mon May 14 17:52:10 PDT 2012

Hi Jay,

"Could not snap to segment"?
If so, it means that the Node Tool couldn't find anything to work on where you clicked.

My understanding is that the Node Tool is for editing existing shapes. There should be a button two to the left of the Node Tool called Capture Polygon (or Line or Point depending on the shape file type) and I use that to draw a polygon.

Hope that's helpful. If not, it might be useful to the others to know which version of QGIS you're using and your OS.

-ramon.