[Qgis-user] Batch conversion of rasters

Rudi Thiede rudi at linfiniti.com
Thu May 17 06:16:55 PDT 2012

If I understand your problem correctly ...

The classification of a raster in the display is not related to the file
itself, but to the layer as you see it in the display. Even if you load the
original .asc file as a new layer, it won't have the correct colors. It's
not a problem of image format conversion.

So the only way I can think of to solve your problem is to save the style,
then apply it to the new .tiff image later. Maybe save the style to be the
same as the file name (sans extension) of the image you're converting, so
that you know which image to apply it to (if they're not all the same). I'm
not sure how to do this automatically though, so if you have 500 images
you're going to hate me ...