[Qgis-user] Qgis crashes frequently when digitizing streams over WMS images

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Sat May 19 15:41:35 PDT 2012

Hi Filipe,

> Ive been trying to digitize a number of streams over (1) Bing aerial
> layers, (2) Bing images obtained from WMS and (3) Aerial images
> obtained via WMS from here:
> "http://mapas.igeo.pt/tilecache/tilecache.py" and QGIS keeps crashing,
> which results in me loosing all the work I had done until that point.
> This is extremely frustrating and in IMHO unacceptable for any GIS
> software. This happens both on 1.7.4 and 1.8 and Im working on Windows
> 7.
>
> I tried to press "save edits" frequently but when qgis crashes and I
> restart the program, I see that none of the work I had done was saved.
> The only way to really save edits is to press "stop editing" and the
> saving.
>
> I really hope that this can fixed soon.

Hi Filipe,

I believe we already discussed this issue privately recently. I gave it
a go another time with the provided data and also with data of my own (I
recently had to do a job that involved digitizing). I cannot replicate
the issue.

I tested master on both Windows and Linux.

Can you exclude a local issue? Did you tested on another machine? If
not, can you?

Cheers

-- Giovanni --