[Qgis-user] annotation

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Sun May 20 14:09:46 PDT 2012

I need some help with annotations

I worked with annotations in ArcMap, so I'm a little familiar with the
concept and some of its workings in ArcMap. I tried to read up on it
googling annotations and qgis. Now I seem stuck on creating a .ui in a qt
designer. Help!!! Where do I find the qt designer. I see it mention in some
places but tried in vain to locate a download or a place to load it as a
python extension.

I have a (soil) layer with lots of polygons and soil symbols. But the
symbols are often outside the polygons. Now I need to move those labels and
thought annotations would be the best way to accomplish this. But how do I
do this.

While at this topic, does qgis provide the possibiltiy to bend an annotation
following a polyline?

Thanks for any pointers

Jake