[Qgis-user] annotation = new labeling

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun May 20 23:44:33 PDT 2012

 Hi Jake,

 If you want to enable moving and rotating labels you will have to
 assign datadefined columns for X Coordinate, Y Coordinate and Rotation
 (see tab "Data defined settings" --> "Position" settings at the bottom.

 Please note that the X Coordinate and Y Coordinate may be totally
 independent of the geometry of a feature - if you manually place a
 label. If there are no x/y coordinates in the data-defined columns, then
 QGIS automatically places the labels, if there are values, they are used
 for positioning and rotating the labels. Manual values always override
 automatic placement.

 Hope this helps,
 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann