[Qgis-user] labels

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Wed May 23 04:55:18 PDT 2012

Hi,

> I now managed to turn the move and rotate label on, but only to have all
> labels disappear when I assign the fields in data defined settings (I guess
> because of the initial value of 0).

yes, it should be because you have the columns filled with zeroes.
Change the to NULL and it should work as expected.

> > How can I fill the coordinate fields
> > with the initial values without having to enter all the values manually?

change the column values to empty values or nulls and it should work.

Nevertheless you will probably notice an issue with rotation: having a column
with rotation values/angles does not rotate automatically all the labels (you
need to click on each label with the "rotate label" tool to have the value appplied).

cheers

-- Giovanni --