[Qgis-user] Re: Qgis first startup is slow

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu May 24 03:43:50 PDT 2012

Thats way too slow. There must be something seriously wrong.

Are the same timings for the latest 1.8 nightly?

On my machine (Win7, SSD disk) the first (cold) start is < 10 seconds. Few plugins activated.

Andreas

Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> schrieb:

haubourg <regis.haubourg at ...> writes:

> Hi there,
> first launch for Qgis (1.7.4 and 1.7.1) in first Window session is very
> slow under windows 7 and windows server 2003 (Citrix XenApp 4.3
> environnement).
>
> Next startups are then instantaneous..

I have had the same feeling with Windows XP so I took some timings. I have
QGis 1.9.90 from OSGeo4W and computer is Windows XP SP3.

Fist startup
- 50 seconds before the "Master" splash screen shows
- 60 seconds more and "Checking provider plugins" is ready
- 40 second more and QGIS is started
Total time was thus 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Next startups
- total startup time between 5 and 15 seconds (10 repeats).

-Jukka Rahkonen-