[Qgis-user] Re: Qgis first startup is slow

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu May 24 01:45:42 PDT 2012

haubourg <regis.haubourg at ...> writes:

> Hi there,
> first launch for Qgis (1.7.4 and 1.7.1)  in first Window session is very
> slow under windows 7 and windows server 2003 (Citrix XenApp 4.3
> environnement).
>
> Next startups are then instantaneous..

I have had the same feeling with Windows XP so I took some timings. I have
QGis 1.9.90 from OSGeo4W and computer is Windows XP SP3.

Fist startup
- 50 seconds before the "Master" splash screen shows
- 60 seconds more and "Checking provider plugins" is ready
- 40 second more and QGIS is started
Total time was thus 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Next startups
- total startup time between 5 and 15 seconds (10 repeats).

-Jukka Rahkonen-