[Qgis-user] How to open a file geodatabase?

Luke coolhandluka at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:07:13 PDT 2012

Hi

If you goto Settings\Options\GDAL you will see a list of formats your
version of QGIS can currently open

If you install QGIS via OSGeo4W you can add the ESRI FileGDB API option

Also remember you can only open FGDB which are v.10 (or above? not sure)

Regards,
Luke B

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Matt Boyd <mattslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 4:24 AM, boesiii <boesiii at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I installed the additional gdal file but when I try to pick the layer to
> add
> > Qgis freezes up and closes.
> >

> I vaguely remember checking the open directory button in the dialogue
> box for adding a file database (rather than opening he gdb file in
> that directory specifically). You could also try browsing to it using
> QGIS explorer then drag and drop on the map, it should recognise it if
> GDAL is working as it should. This may be obvious, but it wasn't at
> the time for me.
>
> Matt

*Luke Bassett*
* <lukembassett at gmail.com>*Melbourne Australia