[Qgis-user] combine field calculator functions

Michael Giebels giebels at meo-carbon.com
Tue Aug 6 04:38:35 PDT 2013

Hello QGIS users,

the QGIS world is new to me, so please be gentle...

I am wondering how I could combine field calculator functions in order
to convert information from an existing data column into a new one.
What I can do with my mediocre knowledge is to query information from
column 1 by setting

"column1"='abc'

which gives me a binary result (0,1) in my resulting column. Then I can

replace ("newcolumn",'1','6')

How could I combine these two into one working function (i.e. there MUST
be a simple expression in the function list) and do not lose the new
number when querying another information (e.g. 'cba') from column 1?

Thanks in advance!

Michael