[Qgis-user] Setting scales for map tile zoom levels

jaslee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 01:38:13 PDT 2013

Hi,
I have a map tile service showing in QGIS (1.9 snapshot) over a WMTS. I'd
like to set the map scales so that the map displays the map tiles in the
best resolution possible.

I attempted to achieve this by selecting: Settings -> Options... -> Map
tools, deleting the existing scales settings and loading my own Scales XML
file based on those mentioned  here
<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/7430/google-maps-zoom-level-ratio>
.

Perhaps my understanding is wrong, but I thought that once it is loaded, I
would be able to select the "Scale" drop-down list to select a scale and the
map would zoom appropriately - but nothing happens.

The map scale only snaps when I am zoomed in quite low at street level - is
there a tolerance to which the map snaps to a map scale?

Thanks,
Jason