[Qgis-user] Spatial Join

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Fri Aug 9 05:32:26 PDT 2013

Thanks for the replies.
  Doing the analysis in a database isn't something I considered before; for
one thing all our data is in Oracle.

However, as a more generic comment, my issue with doing it in the DB is
that it requires using bespoke SQL - I'm a fan of GUI's for one-off tasks
as they're much easier to learn, more intuitive, and faster. It also allows
for a more integrated workflow if everything is done in a single
application.

But for a repeating task, SQL would be an excellent idea and I'll certainly
bear it in mind for the future.

So I am happy that using 'sum' to produce a count column then adding that
> up will give you the answer you are looking for.

In that case maybe it should be renamed to "count" as it certainly doesn't
seem to be "sum"ing. But I can't actually see the output to form an opinion
because it always crashes for me.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan

--
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and