[Qgis-user] Raster in to PostGIS

Steven Campbell s.campbell at poole.gov.uk
Fri Aug 9 05:43:15 PDT 2013

Hi Jonathan

Thanks I did find that page (along with a number of other ones!) and have managed to get a pixelated monochrome Vector Map Local into QGIS from a PostGIS database - it looks terrible but I'm rather chuffed with my non-techy self for getting it there! I had to add the raster2pgsql folder into the environment variables of my PC for cmd to find the python script and allow it to work - now on to getting higher quality imagery and colour!!!

If I have time I will write something up on the steps I had to take (but I may bundle it in with my current attempts of using the Astun Loader and TIleMill to create my own styled cached mapping of the Ordnance Survey Vector/GML Products)

Steve