[Qgis-user] sextante GRASS r.statistics

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 21:02:10 PDT 2013

Dear QGIS users,

Good Day!

I want to use the *GRASS r.statistics* module in *Sextante Toolbox* to know
the *majority* of *cell values* per *administrative boundary* (Provincial
level). To determine the cell majority per boundary I want to use the
*Mode*method (
The *mode* is the value that appears most often in a set of data
(wikipedia)). Below are my parameters:

*Base raster layer: *PHL_adm_1 (this is a raster administrative boundary
with x = 0.037 and y = 0.041 resolution; Data type: GDT_Float64 - Sixty
four bit floating point)
*
*
*Cover raster layer:* PET_1 (raster Potential Evaportranspiration layer
with x = 0.25 and y = 0.25 resolution, float type; Data type: GDT_Float32 -
Thirty two bit floating point )
*
*
*Method: *mode
*
*
*Cover values extracted from the category labels of the cover map: *Yes
*
*
*GRASS region: *default [Leave blank to use min covering extent]
*
*
*GRASS region cellsize:* default (value is 0.0)
*
*
*Output raster layer:* [Save to temporary file]

*Error: *Could not load layer:
C:\Users\____\AppData\Local\Temp\sextante\grassstatisticsxxxxxxxx.tif
Check the SEXTANTE log to look for errors

I do not know what is causing the error. Basically, I need to know the
majority of PET values per Province (PHL_adm_1).

I have configured the GRASS successfully.

*GRASS Folder:* C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.3RC4
*GRASS help folder: *C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.3RC4\docs\html
*Msys folder:* C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys

Thanks for any help.

Truly yours,
-Leo