[Qgis-user] Installation issue of nightly build on Ubuntu precise

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 23:40:34 PDT 2013

2013/8/27 Yewondwossen Assefa <assefay at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to install the nightly build on Ubuntu precise from qgis repo (
> deb http://qgis.org/debian-nightly precise main) following the docs at
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download
>
> I am getting the following error on qgis install :
>  qgis : Depends: qgis-providers (= 1.9.0+git20130821+392a877~precise1) but
> it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: qgis-common (= 1.9.0+git20130821+392a877~precise1) but it is
> not going to be installed
>

> I am also getting similar dependency errors when using the nightly build
> from ubuntugis.
>

> Note that the stable version of qgis installs successfully.
>
> Has some one else experiencing this same issue recently?

There are some dependency problems with the nightly builds in Ubuntu.
They can be installed in Raring by manually selecting the required
versions of some packages but I don't know what the status on Precise
is.

You can try tracing the dependency issues and see if they may be
solved. For instance in order to know more about why qgis-providers is
not going to be installed run:

sudo apt-get install qgis-providers

Goyo