[Qgis-user] MrSID raster and QGIS in linux

BigBaka hunt.glenn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 07:49:48 PST 2013

Hi Eric,

Thanks for this link to install MrSID/ECW support on ubuntu. I'm using 12.04
64 bit. Have been trying to follow your instructions but ran into trouble
when trying to configure and compile ilbLAS at this point

#Same as LASZip, click configure, select unix makefiles.
#This time there will be more options. Check the boxes beside WITH_GDAL,
WITH_GEOTIFF, #and WITH_LASZIP and click configure again. If no errors are
reported you can click #“Generate” #and close cmake-gui.

After checking the 3 boxes as directed when I click configure the second
time I get the following readout with errors reported on GEOTIFF.

"Setting libLAS build type - Release
Searching for Boost 1.38+ - done
Searching for LASzip 2.0.1+ library
Found LASzip version: 2.2.0
Searching for GDAL 1.7.0+ library
Searching for GeoTIFF 1.2.5+ library
Could NOT find GeoTIFF (missing:  GEOTIFF_LIBRARY GEOTIFF_INCLUDE_DIR)
(Required is at least version "1.2.5")
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:270 (message):
  GDAL support requires GeoTIFF library which was not selected

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!"

Do you have any advice as to what I could do to fix this?

Regards,
BigBaka