[Qgis-user] QGIS Server on CentOS 6

Bo Gusman bo at bogusville.us
Mon Feb 4 17:16:44 PST 2013

Hi Andreas.

I have just met with some success for the first time and document here
what I found, for any others who may encounter the same.

As I described previously, I used the URL from the QGIS Server tutorial
page which is

http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

This returns an error, Premature end of script headers.

You corrected me with the following:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/path/to/your/qgis-projects/project.qgs&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

This now returns me an XML document that appears to describe my test
map. Huzzah!

I'm now ready to start learning something more about GIS! Thank you for
your help!

     Bo