[Qgis-user] QGIS Server on CentOS 6

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Feb 3 11:26:56 PST 2013

Hi,

Here are the two resources I reccommend:

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/QGIS_Server_Tutorial
for the server

and
https://github.com/qgis/qgis-web-client
the README part
for the installation of the client.

In addition, please review the steps I outlined in my last email, esp.
the part about using GetCapabilities vs. GetProjectSettings.

I would first start testing QGIS server, as I said, first manually, and
then with QGIS desktop as a client.

In this request you mention below:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

you are missing the "map" parameter

e.g.
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/path/to/your/qgis-projects/project.qgs&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

If your .qgs project file would reside at
/path/to/your/qgis-projects/project.qgs

Hope this helps as a start,
Andreas