[Qgis-user] Blender addon to visualize and rendering 3D GIS data

domlysz domlysz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 12:22:46 PST 2013

Hi all,

This announce isn't directly linked to QGIS but I think users can take
advantages of it. I worked in recent weeks on Blender addon to import
shapefiles and georasters. Blender is a powerful open source software for 3D
modeling and rendering, with this addon it can be uses to visualize,
create/edit or rendering 3d geographic data.

The script can be find at  BlenderArtist
<http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?277883-Addons-ESRI-Shapefile-import-export-and-georeferenced-raster-importer>
. I think it's the best place to publish a Blender addon but obviously there
isn't lot of GIS user, this is why I want to link this information here.

I would be glad that this tool can be useful, and to receive feedback from
the community.

Regards