[Qgis-user] Cannot start QGIS after building latest from git and other problems

Timo Grossenbacher wnstnsmth at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 07:06:58 PST 2013

I built the latest QGIS version on Ubuntu 12.04, following exactly these
steps:

http://www.qgis.org/api/INSTALL.html#toc3

The only things I changed in ccmake .. were setting
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/tgrossen/Apps/QGIS and WITH_PYSPATIALITE=ON

So after installation (which didn't show any errors), I cd to
/home/tgrossen/Apps/QGIS/bin, but executing ./qgis results in

./qgis: error while loading shared libraries: libqgis_core.so.1.9.0: cannot

Before make install, I did a short make test, which yielded some errors (and
CTest itself crashed...)

93% tests passed, 4 tests failed out of 57

Total Test time (real) = 297.32 sec

The following tests FAILED:
	  9 - qgis_rasterlayertest (Failed)
	 28 - qgis_composerhtmltest (Failed)
	 41 - PyQgsRasterLayer (Failed)
	 51 - PyQgsComposerMap (Failed)
Errors while running CTest
make: *** [test] Error 8

It's not that grave since I don't really need Raster support as of now.. but
yeah, this might be related to my problems.

-----
wnstnsmth.net