[Qgis-user] Executing qgis after building from git results in errors and warnings

Timo Grossenbacher wnstnsmth at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 07:22:31 PST 2013

I built the latest QGIS version on Ubuntu 12.04, following exactly these
steps:

http://www.qgis.org/api/INSTALL.html#toc3

The only things I changed in ccmake .. were setting
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/tgrossen/Apps/QGIS and WITH_PYSPATIALITE=ON

Before make install, I conducted tests with make test:
93% tests passed, 4 tests failed out of 57

Total Test time (real) = 297.32 sec

The following tests FAILED:
	  9 - qgis_rasterlayertest (Failed)
	 28 - qgis_composerhtmltest (Failed)
	 41 - PyQgsRasterLayer (Failed)
	 51 - PyQgsComposerMap (Failed)
Errors while running CTest
make: *** [test] Error 8

As you can see, make test itself crashed.

After make install, I also had to do this:
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Building_QGIS_from_Source, which
fortunately worked.

Anyway,there are several things that are weird when executing the qgis
binary:

tgrossen at tgrossen-VirtualBox:~/Apps/QGIS/bin$ ./qgis
Warning: loading of qgis translation failed
[/home/tgrossen/Apps/QGIS/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]

And then, after the desktop has loaded, I want to open up a Python shell,
but that's what I get:
exceptions.ImportError: No module named Qsci

1. Question: What do I have to do in order to use the Python console?

2. Question: I explicitly compiled pyspatialite, now where do I find this
library and how can I include into my regular Python path, so I can use it
outside of QGIS too?

-----
wnstnsmth.net