[Qgis-user] Any ideas? Splitting polygons to only have one point in each polygon

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Thu Feb 14 11:28:27 PST 2013

Thank for your suggestions but I think adding building polygon points just
gives more wrong splitting of buildings. The building below should only have
been split in 3 pieces:

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5034406/Split_Building.png>

And I do not have any data to do a dissolve even if it visually is clear
what polygons to join.

Extra points should be so far away from the address points that the dividing
line between the extra points and address points are outside the building
polygon. That is why I have suggested to add some far away points on the
edge of (or perhaps rather somewhere outside) the Analysis Extent.

Regarding Victors comment on Sextante and the awareness of selections in
input layers I can tell that I am using Qgis 1.8 with the latest update of
the Sextante plugin (1.0.9) and it treats selections in input data for the
Qgis Voronoi Polygons (fTools?) quite strange (I have selected the 5 yellow
points and just run the Voronoi Polygon):

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5034406/Strange_Voronoi.png>

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit