[Qgis-user] Rotated pole projection: Netcdf

Carlos Camino González caminoccg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:40:06 PST 2013

Hi all,

I have many netcdf with rotated pole projection, I would like to proyect
these netcdf to a WGS84 or similar projection, in order to see correctly
into QGIS.   I tried with gdal (gdal_translate), r.in.gdal with grass and
different libraries with R, such as raster, ncdf, etc .. But nothing  ....
is it possible ???
Could someone give me  the correct code or the solution for this problem?

For your information, this is the header with gdalinfo -h

Size is 512, 512
Coordinate System is `'
Metadata:
  NC_GLOBAL#_FillValue=-32767
  NC_GLOBAL#Conventions=CF-1.2
  NC_GLOBAL#Grid_type=B-grid: vectors interpolated to scalar positions
  NC_GLOBAL#Map_Proj=Rotated latitude longitude
  NC_GLOBAL#missing_value=-32767
  NC_GLOBAL#NCO=20130201
Subdatasets:
  SUBDATASET_1_NAME=NETCDF:"dust_sconc_00_02.nc":dust_sconc10
  SUBDATASET_1_DESC=[29x1x139x191] dust_load (32-bit floating-point)
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0,  512.0)
Upper Right (  512.0,    0.0)