[Qgis-user] Rotated pole projection: Netcdf

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:06:11 PST 2013

Hi Carlos,

You will get more information on the grid itself if you try

gdalinfo NETCDF:"dust_sconc_00_02.nc":dust_sconc10

Unfortunately, the rotated pole projection is not supported by the
gdal netcdf driver.

Please try to reproject/remap using the cdo command-line utility[1]

You should try something like

cdo -f nc remapbil,<grid> in.nc out.nc

where <grid> should be replaced by a valid grid description such as
"r360x180" for a global 1x1 degree grid.
See the cdo reference for more details (1.3.2. Grid description)
You can also try the other remapping operators, depending on your data.

[1] https://code.zmaw.de/projects/cdo