[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.8: How to produce a sheet line system map?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 21 03:11:07 PST 2013

On 21-02-13 11:11, spatialjoe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder how to (easily) produce an overview map showing the extents of 26
> single Maps (in german: Blattschnittübersicht).
> Right now I can only think of saving the individual x/y min and x/ymax
> coordinates of the map extends shown in the map composer in order to
> manually digitize my map "bounding boxes" (portrait/landscape).
> Is this it or am I missing something?

Hi J,

from your question it is not clear if you have raster files or shapefiles.

For rasterfiles there is a gdal command which creates a shapefile for a
directory full of rasterfiles. You then can load that shapefile to see
all extents. See http://www.gdal.org/gdaltindex.html

For vector files I'm not sure if there is something like that...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde