[Qgis-user] Licensing information on QGIS homepage is confusing ......

teetherer teetherer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:00:09 PST 2013

Hi,

the homepage (http://www.qgis.org/index.php) states QGIS is licensed under
GNU General Public License. But when I click the hyperlink of GNU General
Public License, I am directed to the LGPL-2.0 page
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.0.html). Therefore, I do
some search on the mailing lists and source on github, then found that QGIS
is released under GPL-3.0 in general now. I think the license hyperlink on
the homepage should be corrected to avoid confusion.

BTW, I can't find GPL-3.0 text in source while I read "QGIS is released
under the GNU Public License (GPL) Version 3" in README. It also confused me
for a while. Or do I miss the file containing GPL-3.0 text in the source?