[Qgis-user] Fail loading .pyd file

Jagd, Henning hejag at gst.dk
Mon Feb 25 06:22:10 PST 2013

Hi Everyone,

I'm writing a python plugin that is going to integrate som
functionallity from OPALS [1], but I am having trouble loading the Opals
python module in Qgis. It will find the __init__.py file of the module,
but then fail to load the first .pyd file. The same thing is happening
if I try to import opals in the Qgis python console. The error I get is
this:

>>>import opals

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
    File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 309, in
_import
        mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
    File "C:\Opals\opals\__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
        from . import _Exceptions as Exceptions
    File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 309, in
_import
        mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be
found.

The opals module works just fine with every other python installation
I've tried, even OSGeo4W and other 2.7.3 installations. I'm sure
PYTHONPATH is set correct, as it finds __init__.py and only stops at the
_Exceptions.pyd file. I'm running these versions:

Python version:
2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:31:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]

QGIS version:
1.8.0-Lisboa Lisboa, f440b60

Does anyone know what causes this fail to happen in Qgis?

Regards.
Henning

[1] http://www.ipf.tuwien.ac.at/opals/html/index.html