[Qgis-user] FW: Can`t open WMS-2

Oscar Hernan Ramirez Ospina oscar.ramirezo at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 07:23:53 PST 2013

Hello:

A few days ago I sent this message:

"If someone could help me with this:

I can`t open any WMS .. I`ve tried many and I can`t. I can open them with ArcGIS Explorer.
I create the connection, and try to connect but it gives me:
 "Could not understand the response.  The wms provider said:   Download of capabilities failed: Connection refused" QGis1.8 and W7 in an enterprise environment.."  Brent Wood kindly sent me this answer:

Have you set up the QGIS network/proxy settings correctly?
Is QGIS setup to be allowed through the Windows firewall?

But, Could someone, now, please help me some more?

How do I set up the QGIS network/proxy settings correctly?
How do I know if GIS is setup to be allowed through the Windows firewall?

Thx in advance.. as I said I can open them with ArcGIS Explorer without any problem..

Saludos
 OSCAR HERNAN RAMIREZ O
       Ingeniero Forestal
      Cel: 321- 7191200
        tel: (57) (6) 8811226

Have you set up the QGIS network/proxy settings correctly?
Is QGIS setup to be allowed through the Windows firewall?

Brent Wood

I can`t open any WMS .. I`ve tried many and I can`t. I can open them with ArcGIS Explorer.

I create the connection, and try to connect but it gives me:

"Could not understand the response.  The wms provider said:

Download of capabilities failed: Connection refused" QGis1.8 and W7 in an enterprise environment..
 Thx.. Saludos

OSCAR HERNAN RAMIREZ O
       Ingeniero Forestal
      Cel: 321- 7191200