[Qgis-user] Fwd: New Plugin testing - Multipart Split

vinayan vinayan123 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 07:44:58 PST 2013

Hi Alex,

It does not work with latest version due to the API changes(example,
feature.attributeMap() is deprecated now). I think by referring existing
fTools you can easily adapt your code to latest changes.

I think it would be enough to show something in the information bar.

In case of no selection when clicking tool, you could show non blocking
message(I think it uses QMessageBar class), asking the user to first make a
selection before selecting tool.

One more thing you can look at is to disable to tool if editing is not
active in the layer.

Regards
Vinayan