[Qgis-user] LIDAR and QGIS

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:49:52 PST 2013

It's probably not polite to hijack a thread but this seems to start to
look like something I'd use.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> wrote:
edit..
> That's why a new data type pointcloud is needed.

more editing

>> Thank for the information ! Adding that to the existing 3d capabilities of
>> postgis would be a great thing. I hope that Paul will go beyond zlib for the
>> compression.

I know that postgis recently(?) included / added in some 3D
capabilities, but I'm not sure what parts of QGIS are able to use
those. I didn't think that we'd reached 3D visualisation with QGIS
yet?

Matt