[Qgis-user] Something simple!

Jane Raimes jane.raimes at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 10 07:01:35 PST 2013

I'm a new user, for doing archaeological plots, who is finding the
available info very complex and never quite relating to my current problem.

All I need to do is to be able to put some small points onto a map and then
print out the map with the ref points on it. I have the GPS coordinates for
each of the six points and I have a suitable map loaded into QGIS, but
whatever I try I don't seem to be able to add the points onto a map
successfully.  This is not a situation where one raster layer can be laid
over  another directly as the base map is of an open area with earthworks,
and the coordinates are of surveying points we used as Control Stations.

Can anybody help me with what I expect is all too easy when you know how
please?  I would be so grateful!

Best wishes to all,

Janer