[Qgis-user] Newbie with request for advice

Eric Goddard egoddard1010 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:16:26 PST 2013

Before you can compile the samples or compile GDAL with FGDB support you
have to link the FGDB library so the system can find it. Before running
make in the FileGDB_API/samples directory, create a text file in the
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/ to hold the path to wherever you FileGDB_API/lib folder
is located and run ldconfig to update it. On Ubuntu executing the following
lines in bash should fix it:

sudo sh -c "echo '/path/to/FileGDB_API/lib' >> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/fgdb.conf"
sudo ldconfig

after that, make should work.

Eric