[Qgis-user] v. in ogr missing from sextante toolbox

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Jan 21 15:09:42 PST 2013

Hi Victor,
i also missed this feature and obviously you are not aware of the advanced
function of v.in.ogr and i think thats what Claire means.
I also use this for cleaning bad topologies as a first step cause there
are no features directly accessible from qgis.
With the advanced settings, you can tell grass to snap features within a
threshold or eleminate areas smaller than a certain value while importing
the layer.
This is really handy to clean the worst errors from the beginning (maybe
there are better tools for that, but i use this in 100% of the cases i am
confronted with digitized material, despite the overhead of dealing with
the grass region/mapset/location-stuff).

Cheers
Bernd

Am 21.01.2013, 22:39 Uhr, schrieb Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com>:

> Claire
>
> I do not understand why you need v.in.ogr. You are supposed to open
> your layers as usual with QGIS, and then just select them in the GRASS
> algorithm you want to use
>
> I hope this helps you
>
> Regards
>
> Victor
>
> 2013/1/21 Claire McIntyre <cmcintyre44 at hotmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have installed QGIS from OSGeo4W standalone installer. I want to check
>> topology of a polygon layer. I need v. in ogr
>> tool available in sextante but it is not there. GRASS 6.4.2 was
>> installed
>> with QGIS 1.8.
>>
>> Do i need a newer version of GRASS?
>> Send
>> Thanks,
>> Claire

Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374