[Qgis-user] QGIS rotate entire rendered map

Bjorn Nyberg bjorn.burr.nyberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 03:01:19 PDT 2013

Hej,
I am slowly trying to move away from arcgis to open source software like
grass and qgis but there is one feature that I really like in arcgis
that I cant seem to find in QGIS in my transition. Simply enough, i'd
like to rotate all layers in the current rendered window to say
90degrees relative to north as I map a feature (note I am not talking
about rotating the final map output as suggested here
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/54060/can-qgis-1-8-0-mac-rotate-the-entire-view-of-a-project).//I
use this feature quiet a lot in arcgis (data frame properties -- general
-- rotation) to map especially elongated feature at a resolution that
otherwise won't fit on my screen and I assume that there must be
something equivalent in qgis that I have simply not noticed.

Cheers,
Bjorn
<cid:part2.04070703.02020502 at gmail.com>