[Qgis-user] sextante & saga

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Tue Jul 30 07:46:05 PDT 2013

> THere is is that problem, but it currently affects just a few
> algorithms (althought it might get worse if there are more diffs
> between the syntax of other algoithms). I guess that is a minor issue
> compared with some people not being able to use SAGA at all.

Another problem is that it seems that most of Linux users (Ubuntu and
derivate) are without a working SAGA package. For example in ubuntugis
there is no precise (LTS) SAGA 2.0.8 package, and in the Johan Van de
Wauw PPA repository there is SAGA 2.1 but it is not working (see
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8289#note-3 ), what/how we can do/help?