[Qgis-user] sextante & saga

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 09:40:41 PDT 2013

> Another problem is that it seems that most of Linux users (Ubuntu and
> derivate) are without a working SAGA package. For example in ubuntugis
> there is no precise (LTS) SAGA 2.0.8 package, and in the Johan Van de
> Wauw PPA repository there is SAGA 2.1 but it is not working (see
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8289#note-3 ), what/how we can do/help?

Hi,
I also work on a ubuntu 12.04 and what you said is true. Repositories
update Saga up to 2.1 that doesn't work with sextante.
I solved installing the packages of 12.10. You can use Saga as
"standalone" and via Sextante.

Go on synaptic and remove the 4 packages:
-saga
-libsaga-dev
- pytho-saga
- libsaga

Then go here http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/ and look for the same 4
packages you removed, but choose those for quantal or raring (you will
see version 2.0.8 available)
Just download them as deb package and let your ubuntu install all the stuff.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Matteo