[Qgis-user] Elevation altered when imported to Grass

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Tue Jun 4 13:47:05 PDT 2013

Hi

I have a tiff file with elevations (heights of buildings).
But when I import it in Grass (using the Qgis Grass plugin) the elevations
are altered at a lot of locations, but identical at other locations.
Differences can be as high as 4 m.

I am not that experienced in raster Gis but am wondering whether Grass in
some way resamples the file?

Looking at the properties both for the tiff file and the Grass version they
look alike to me:

Tiff: Dimensions X: 7849 Y: 8726 Bands: 1, Pixel Size:1.6,-1.6

Grass: Rows 8726, Columns 7849, N-S resolution 1.6, E-W resolution 1.6

Anybody got a clue?

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit