[Qgis-user] Qgis Mapserver and Sextante for WPS publishing?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 08:52:28 PDT 2013

2013/6/10 Pirmin Kalberer <pi_ml at sourcepole.com>

> Am Montag, 10. Juni 2013, 14.25:04 schrieb G. Allegri:
> > Ok. It's exactly the reversed way.
> > So there's non (public) implementation of "server side Sextante" yet.
>
> I think I saw Victor running exported Sextante algorithms in a demo once.
> So
> server side execution would be possible.

I thought it wasn't possible to run sextante algorithms outside of a
QgsApplication instance yet.
I will investigate on this.

> If you export Sextante algorithms, you don't have dependencies to the GUI
> part. You have dependencies to the QGIS Python bindings which have
> dependencies to the QGIS libs. No QGIS server or GUI components involved.

The algorithm executers are tied to GUI components, aren't they? e.g. the
unthreaded executor [1]
I suppose that an unbounded executer is needed to decouple from GUI (and to
run algorithms in a headless environment).

giovanni

[1]
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/blob/master/python/plugins/sextante/gui/UnthreadedAlgorithmExecutor.py

--