[Qgis-user] creation of .gpx is not straightforward

Filipe Dias filipesdias at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 13:49:48 PDT 2013

Hi
The process for creating .gpx is a bit cumbersome in my opinion. Users have
to the following:

To create waypoints:

Data source:
GPX_USE_EXTENSIONS=YES
GPX_EXTENSIONS_NS=YES

To create tracks:

Data source:
GPX_USE_EXTENSIONS=YES
GPX_EXTENSIONS_NS=YES:

and
Layer creation field
FORCE_GPX_TRACK=YES

Uploading and downloading gps waypoints and tracks is a standard procedure
(at least) for biologists and archaeologists and in IMHO it is not smooth
in QGIS because of this. Would it be hard to program these options by
default when creating a gpx? Or maybe add this functionality to GpsTools?

If more users feel the same way I'll open a feature request.

Regards
Filipe