[Qgis-user] QGIS with SAGA in macos

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jun 21 21:06:10 PDT 2013

Well, I have verified that SAGA 2.0.8 does NOT compile on OS X, and that seems to be the semi-official status also.  2.1 is needed for OS X.

So, please make that update for the export command for SAGA 2.1.  If the change breaks it for SAGA 2.0, it shoud be possible to make it conditional on the SAGA version.

On Jun 13, 2013, at 9:11 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> There is one case where wxpython 2.9 (32 or 64bit) may be required: if you need to compile wxwidgets (instead of using a binary) on OS X 10.8+.  wx 2.9 is needed for cocoa APIs on recent OS X versions, which means SAGA 2.1 is neeeded.
>
> On Jun 13, 2013, at 8:50 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> SAGA 2.0 is a problem.  To build SAGA 64bit on OS X a 64bit wxWidgets is needed.  To build wxWidgets 64bit, wx 2.9 is needed.  SAGA 2.0 doesn't support wx 2.9, but 2.1 does.
>>
>> SAGA 2.1 does have a RC release (though strangely windows binary only, gotta get source from SVN).  Should be good enough?  I really want to have everything 64bit for QGIS, but at least Sextante executes external commands so SAGA will work 32bit is absolutely necessary.

>>> That error was fixed a few days ago in this commit
>>>
>>> https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/a6f9f563095d2ebd3334de3809bda1d2f8ec1d64
>>>
>>> updating your qgis-dev version should fix it.
>>>
>>> The other problem is related to using 2.1.
>>>
>>> It's easy to update SEXTANTE for the export command (which is the one
>>> failing), but I do not want to do it until a final stable 2.1 is
>>> released. For now, SEXTANTE runs on the latest stable version of SAGA,
>>> ,which is 2.0.8
>>>
>>> Cheers

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy