[Qgis-user] Tracking data in QGIS

. digitalmaps at cox.net
Mon Jun 17 15:16:04 PDT 2013

On 6/17/2013 2:23 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Sub-seconds should be supported using the YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.ssssss
> format.
> https://github.com/anitagraser/TimeManager
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita
>

> Am 17.06.2013, 20:25 Uhr, schrieb Hans Skov-Petersen <hsp at life.ku.dk>:
>
>> Dear Lene and Vincent,
>>
>> thanks guys. I'll look into Timemanager. It seems like being able to
>> do the trick.
>>
>> I am working on points, not lines. But it seems like exactly what
>> TimeManager handles best.
>>
>> Would you or anyone happen to know if TimeManager can handle time
>> down to sub-seconds? I am fully aware that standard dbf date-formates
>> do not hand shorter periods of time than a second (but Python for
>> instance via DataTime does).
>>
>> The reason for my question is that we have some tracking points
>> sequences recorded at 1/30'th of a second.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Hans
>> ________________________________

Yes, it will accommodate several different data tables at the same time,
however it seems that gradually the project file gets corrupted and all
the Time Manager layers have to be reloaded. Sometimes the layer
definitions need to be reloaded from the data base to make it work again.

The trick to making it work seems to be to turn off the Time Manager
whenever you save the project file. For some reason the layer's
attribute listing seem to lose track of all the data and only remembers
the one entry that the Time Manager is set to when the project file is
saved. The result is a layer listing that shows only one data point in
the attribute table.

It's a little alarming at first to think all your data is missing, but
if you delete the messed up layer and re-add it from your data source it
will all reload. Of course you will have to redo all your symbol
definitions and decorations. But I have complete confidence that Anita
will correct all the bugs in a future release.

I currently have about two dozen different data tables incrementing in
one minute intervals. Pretty neat.

--
Stay Frosty!