[Qgis-user] questions about the FOSSGIS 2013 benchmark comparisons between QGIS Server and UMN Mapserver

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 03:09:18 PDT 2013

Hi,
I was reading the graphs (I do not understand german, sorry) of the slides
from Sourcepole about their banchmarks [1].
I was surprised to see how QGIS Server outperforms UMN Mapserver, because
my experience was different. I haven't done comparisons in the last months.
In the past performances didn't appear better then Mapserver.

Marco (and the ohters from Sourcepole), could you share the configurations
adopted for the benchmark? Hardware, http server configuration, caching,
tiling, etc.? Something is written inside the PDF, but Google Translator
isn't doing a great work :(

Thanks a lot,
Giovanni

[1]