[Qgis-user] Fetch plugins missing

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Fri Jun 28 06:18:11 PDT 2013

Dnia piątek, 28 czerwca 2013 o 13:51:37 Julie Pierson napisał(a):
> The log console reported an error when QGIS is launched :
> "cannot load library /usr/lib/qgispython : (libqgispython.so: Cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
> I did have libqgispython.so.1.8.0 in /usr/lib, so I tried renaming it to
> just libqgispython.so.
> Now I have another error message :
> "cannot load library /usr/lib/qgispython : (libpython2.6.so.1.0: Cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
>
> It's strange because I use Python 2.7 and not Python 2.6... There seems
> to be some confusion here. I will try to investigate further, I'll be
> glad for your help if you have any other idea.

Oh, so definitely you have no Python. Sorry, I missed the last sentence in your
first mail, where you wrote the Python console is NOT working.

Well, seems the libqgispython is compiled against Python 2.6 and tries to
access it. The question is which package the libqgispython.so.1.8.0 comes
from.

If it comes from the recent python-qgis installation, then it seems to be
broken: there is the invalid file name and the unfulfilled dependency on Py 2.6.
So maybe it's an old file? First I'd reinstall all qgis related packages to
ensure all recent files are installed (probably you already did it a few
times). Then I'd look at "installed files" and "dependencies" in package
details in Synaptic. Maybe you'll find an answer there, why QGIS looks for
libqgispython.so file, while another library name is installed.

Anyway, I'm not very familiar with present Ubuntu world; a few years ago I
gave up, came back to good old Debian and my life became much simpler ;)